Spanish Schools in Quito & Otavalo
At Ailola Quito we believe the best Spanish school in Ecuador is one that goes beyond the confines of its 4 walls! That’s why you’ll find us all over the place, from the jungles of the Amazon to the beaches of Galapagos, from historic Quito to traditional Otavalo. Learn more about our Spanish school in Ecuador today!
Classrooms right across Ecuador!
Picture waking up to the sounds of the ocean or to the sluggish footsteps of ancient tortoises on the beaches of the Galapagos Islands! Imagine the sound of creaking trees or the smell of fresh jungle vegetation when you live alongside an indigenous community in the Amazon! All this and more, is what Ailola Quito – one of the oldest Spanish schools in Ecuador – has to offer you. We’ve got classrooms right across the country, like in the exclusive historic center of Quito, with its cobblestone alleyways and picturesque churches, or the traditional town of Otavalo, where indigenous culture is thriving! We also offer traveling Spanish courses on a range of itineraries, plus a thrilling and unique selection of locations for private or closed group courses!
Benefits of our multiple classroom locations
Ailola Quito began its multi-classroom model understanding the concept would resonate with those students who wanted to get the most out their experience at a Spanish school in Ecuador! With Ailola Quito’s model, you’ll have the chance to…
- Move around! Our locations form part of a network of classrooms that we ourselves manage! This means our students can move freely from one Spanish school in Ecuador to another. All you have to do is let us know in advance and we’ll help you organize your transport, accommodation and course continuation plan.
- Get to know us! A Spanish school in Ecuador with classroom locations all over the country means you’ll be able to familiarize yourself with the ethnicities and cultures that make us who we are! You’ll meet indigenous communities in Otavalo and the Amazon, farmers in the Andes, city-dwellers in Quito, plus island folk (and tortoises) on the Galapagos Islands!
- Make your friends jealous! Ailola Quito is headquartered in the sought-after historic center of Quito, the first ever UNESCO World Heritage-listed site on earth. You’ll also find us in classrooms in the renowned indigenous town of Otavalo, not to mention in the famed Amazon jungle and Galapagos Islands.
- Learn and travel at the same time! Immersion is key to speedy and successful language learning. By choosing to study in one or more of our classroom locations, or our established Spanish schools in Quito and Otavalo, you’ll have a unique chance to put your new Spanish skills straight into practice.
- Fall in love with Ecuador! The most obvious benefit of multi-classroom locations is that you get to see what we see – beautiful, pristine, colorful Ecuador! We might be a small nation, but we certainly do pack a punch when it comes to things like biodiversity, culture, and cuisine. Join us today at our Spanish schools in Quito, Otavalo and beyond, and you’ll know exactly what we’re talking about!
An Unbeatable Team of Teachers
Could there be a better way to learn Spanish than by studying the language in a native setting? ¡Sí, señor! A teaching team of University-educated native speakers is what you need to take your language learning experience to a whole new level. Best of all, you’ll find them at Ailola Quito, with classes that focus on communication and fun, on topics relating to local culture, and on teaching methods that will enable you to put your Spanish into practice from day #1. Discover more reasons you should study with us here!
- 1988 – The school opens in Quito, as one of the first Spanish schools in Ecuador of its type
- 1992 – Ailola Quito begins offering students the chance to volunteer in social and environmental projects all over Ecuador
- 1994 – The school opens its second Spanish school in Ecuador, in the indigenous town of Otavalo
- 1998 – Ailola Quito introduce classes in the Amazon jungle to its list of programs
- 1998 – The school begins its Traveling Classroom program, which allows students to participate in planned travel and learning courses
- 1999 – Ailola Quito expands its network of Spanish schools in Ecuador to the Galapagos Islands, offering courses in the town of Puerto Ayora
- 2002 – The school begins offering classes on a traditional Ecuadorian hacienda, an organic farm between Quito and Otavalo
- 2004 – Ailola Quito starts working with indigenous communities in Otavalo and the Amazon to offer students the chance to study in their communities
- 2004 – The Spanish school in Ecuador becomes recognized by the national government as an Educative Foundation, an important recognition that allows it to expand farther across Ecuador
- 2006 – Ailola Quito begins a partnership with an animal rescue center in the Amazon and an orphan and abandoned children’s organization to help out and offer more volunteer places to students
- 2008 – The school is recognized by the AECEE – the Association of Spanish Schools in Ecuador
- 2011 – Ailola Quito’s Traveling Classroom extends across to the Galapagos Islands, with the “Secret of Evolution” itinerary
- 2013 – School moved to new building in the historic city center of Quito